This week, I celebrate the podcast's fifth birthday by discussing the podcast's origins and where it's going. Listen to the show below or download it directly (right click and "save as").
- Driving to Boston
- Big 5th birthday of the show
- First started listening to podcasts in the car
- Considered doing show about running
- Started with scripted segments
- Eventually brought guests on
- Recharged show's batteries
- Rain gets heavier, as does traffic
- Not in it for the money because there isn't any]
- First podcasts showed up in 2004
- Addition of podcasts to iTunes store was huge for exposure
- I listen to many shows: Phedippidations, Smodcast, No Agenda, WTF, Nerdist, Rock n' Roll Geek Show
- Podcasting is thriving, but not as a money-making venture necessarily
- Listen to podcasts instead of radio
- It's easy to do a podcast
- Friends are doing shows: Ric Dube's More Lost Time
- I've made friends through podcasting: Steve Runner, James Gralian, Brian Salvatore, Adam Tinkoff
- Stuck in traffic
- Plan to keep doing the show as long as I can
- Bonehead of the Week
St. Vincent - Surgeon
We Were Promised Jetpacks - Act on Impulse
Shonen Knife - Rock n' Roll High School
Algernon Cadwallader - Cruisin'
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The show is sponsored by Eastbay/Footlocker.com. Use the following codes to get athletic gear from Nike, Adidas, Asics and more. AFCOMP15 will get you 10% off any order of $50 at Eastbay.com, AFCOMP20 will get you 15% off any order of $75 at Eastbay.com and AFCOMPFL will get you 10% off any order of $50 or more at Footlocker.com.
The St. Vincent song is on the forthcoming album Strange Mercy on 4AD. Find out more and download the song for free (in exchange for your email address) at Strange Mercy.
The We Were Promised Jetpacks song is on the forthcoming album In the Pit of the Stomach on Fat Cat. Find out more and download the song for free (in exchange for your email address) at WWPJ.
The Shonen Knife song is on the album Osaka Ramones: Tribute to the Ramones on Good Charamel Records. Download the song for free at Amazon.
The Algernon Cadwallader song is on the album Parrot Flies on Big Scary Monsters. Download the song for free at SoundCloud.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blogs Clicky Clicky and Keeping Some Dark Secrets. Additional music used in the show is by Me and Boris the Bull, which is the brainchild of the mighty Mark Campbell. Thanks to Bob Durling for the album art; find out more about his photography at his blog. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian; check out his site PodGeek.
Completely Conspicuous is a Tan God Production. Word.