Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blues Before and After

Hola. Sorry for the dearth of posts lately. Last week, I was out a lot. This week is a different story. The old Dell I've been using for the last five years is starting to succumb to age in the form of the good ol' Blue Screen of Death; when said screen appeared a few times in the last week, I knew time was growing short.

I consulted an IT buddy who recommended taking it in to have the hard drive and OS cleaned out, but that's only a short-term fix. I actually had purchased some internal memory from Amazon because the PC had been slower than shit lately; literally took minutes to start up and shut down. I was prepared to upgrade it, but my friend astutely noted that for not much more money, we could just get a new computer that would be way better. So that's what we're doing. Unfortunately, it probably won't be until sometime next week.

We've still got the laptop we bought earlier this year, but the PC had all my stuff on it: MP3s, software, files, everything. I transferred all the files over to an external hard drive, but right now, I have no way to access them. We're still having the PC cleaned up so the girls can use it. I was hoping to do a podcast Sunday night, but that ain't gonna happen now. I'm shooting for mid-next week.

Sunday, of course, is also the day I'm running the Baystate Marathon. I'm feeling pretty good right now. My knees are a little achy, but they were worse six weeks ago. I cut back a bit on the mileage and they improved. I'm hoping to run the race in under 3:45. Hopefully the weather will be nice and cool. I've already decided I'm not running a spring marathon, just to give my legs a break. I'm looking forward to doing some shorter races and trying some other ways to stay fit. But right now the focus is on Baystate and kicking ass.

Blues Before and After:

No comments:

Day After Day #84: Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Can't You Hear Me Knocking (1971) ...