Thursday, September 16, 2010

24 Hour People Party

This time last year, I was up at Attitash, staying over with the rest of my Reach the Beach teammates before the big relay in the morning. I'm running in the 200-mile, 24-hour event again this year, but we're not heading up to Cannon Mountain in NH until tomorrow morning because our accommodations fell through. Of the 12 runners we had last year, five are returning and the rest are newbies.

We start off at 11:20 a.m., an hour earlier than last year. I was originally supposed to be in van 1, but had to switch with another runner to the other van because he had to leave early on Saturday. So I probably won't get going on my first leg until around 5 p.m., just like last year. My legs are 6.6, 9.2 and 6.7 miles. I'm looking forward to it. Should be a lot of fun again.

Obviously, I won't be blogging, but I will post the occasional Twitter update so check the lower right corner of this page if you're not on the Twitter to see what I'm up to. We should be at the finish at Hampton Beach sometime Saturday afternoon. I'm hoping to get a little more sleep on the van this year; last year, I think I got a total of 3 hours sleep. At any rate, wish me luck and I'll check in Sunday night (going to the Sox-Jays game at Fenway on Sunday afternoon).

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #524: April 19, 2024

A wise man once said, "You might as well jump" and by gum, we believed him. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs abou...