Friday, February 12, 2010

Mixology: Rockin' the Hiz-zouse!!

Mixology is a recurring feature in which I take a look at one of the many mix tapes I made over the years. Some are better than others, but all of them are fun to revisit.

Rockin' the Hiz-zouse!! (6/17/98)

This is one of the few mix tapes I have that was actually made by someone else, namely my good buddy Phil. I had forgotten I even had it until last week when I found it among a bunch of other tapes.

He loves music as much as I do and it shows in this tape, which is an excellent combination of classic rock and newer (at the time) stuff. He even threw some Coltrane on the second side, which was an inspired choice.

I own most of the music on this tape, but there's a few songs I don't have, like the ones by Tori Amos, Dead Milkmen and Jerry Harrison. All things considered, a good collection that I was glad to rediscover.

Side A
What a Life - Juliana Hatfield
Daughters of the KAOS - Luscious Jackson
Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop) - U2
What She Said - The Smiths
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Tori Amos
If 6 was 9 - Jimi Hendrix
Fillet of Sole - Dead Milkmen
Monkey Man - The Rolling Stones
Mesmerizing - Liz Phair
Dandelion - Tracy Bonham
Grew Up Fast - Tom Petty
The Loner/Cinnamon Girl/Down By the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

Side B
Giant Steps - John Coltrane
Happiness is a Warm Gun - The Breeders
Dusted - Belly
Voice of Harold - R.E.M.
Cruiser - The Cars
Crosseyed and Painless - Talking Heads
Bittersweet - Hoodoo Gurus
Bloom - Gigolo Aunts
Man With a Gun - Jerry Harrison
Sister Disco - The Who
How Many More Times - Led Zeppelin




KAOS:



Cruiser:

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Day After Day #85: Gentlemen

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Gentlemen (1993) When the Afghan Whigs...