Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rainy Day People

Hey all. Still up here in Canadia. Unfortunately, the wet weather continues, although it seems to have temporarily taken a break at the moment. We just got back from the mall and are now just chillin' at my uncle's place for a few hours before we head into Toronto to meet up with an old childhood pal for dinner. Then back here to hang and possibly record some podcastification with my cousin Dev. Tomorrow, we plan to take a ride out to my old stomping grounds in Pickering, which has grown exponentially since I lived there last. I've been out a few times since I moved, but the last time was 1990, I believe.

The week has been fun. Tuesday, I joined my uncle and Dev at the Jays-Indians game, which Toronto ended up blowing in the ninth and losing 2-1. I couldn't believe how small the crowd was; the official attendance was 18,000, but actual was barely half that. Yesterday, we went to Ontario Place, a local amusement park in the city. The weather was pretty decent. The girls had fun on the kiddie rides. I hadn't been there in probably 27 years. Late last night, we were visited by my dad's uncle Venkatesh, who's in town staying with his daughter. Hadn't seen him since 1980 in India. Sensing a theme here?

We'll hit the road Saturday morning. Depending on the weather, we may stop at Niagara Falls so the girls can see it in all its glory. It has been a good, relaxing week. We've all gotten a lot of sleep, which is nice for a change.

Perhaps the economy is turning around. The Dow Jones hit 9000 today, and the Canadian government has proclaimed the recession is over. Let's hope they didn't jinx it.

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #524: April 19, 2024

A wise man once said, "You might as well jump" and by gum, we believed him. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs abou...