Thursday, October 18, 2007

You Got Yr Cherry Bomb

I'm in a good mood now because I just watched the Leafs actually win a game; meanwhile, Deb's stressing out because the Sox are fighting for their playoff lives against the Indians.

After a couple of days with extremely sore legs after the marathon, I felt really good this morning. I ran 3.5 miles yesterday and it was a struggle, but I'm glad I did it. My legs didn't feel so great later in the evening when I met OJ and his buddy Jeff to see Spoon at the Roxy; standing for about two hours was probably the last thing I needed. But the show itself was excellent, with Spoon playing a fine set of songs spanning their career but highlighting their latest release, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga. The show was kind of strange because the Roxy holds 1,300 for concerts, but was only allowed to admit 775 as punishment from the city of Boston for some fights that had broken out there in the past. I wasn't complaining, though, because it left a lot more room than usual. But my feet were killing me by the end of the night.

By the way, my daughters love this unofficial Spoon video.

Tomorrow will be fun because I'll be meeting my former Webnoize co-workers for some fine Southern cuisine at Redbones in Davis Square. Muy delicioso! Then on Saturday, we head off to Deb's alma mater, Springfield College, for Homecoming. I haven't gone to UNH's Homecoming in 12 years, although I did run the Homecoming 5K in 2001.

No comments:

Day After Day #112: Army of Me

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Army of Me (1995) When it comes to artis...