Monday, October 29, 2007

Something On

Today was a strange one. Due to a transformer problem that fried the servers at my company, some of us were unable to connect to the Internet or our email all day. It was pretty random, but the problem was still unresolved when I left work. It's amazing how dependent we are on our computers, especially at work. All my contacts are in my Outlook folders. Other than a meeting I had to attend, I spent much of the day cleaning my office (which certainly needed it). Hopefully things will get back to normal tomorrow.

I had a busy weekend. On Saturday, after getting an 8-mile run in, I took Hannah to her final soccer session of the fall. It rained pretty hard, but the kids didn't seem to mind. I got drenched, though. After that, I ran some errands and then went to the Pumpkin Fair fundraiser at Hannah's school, where I volunteered to help out with one of the games. Caught a quick nap afterwards and then headed out to see the Tragically Hip play at the Orpheum. It was an excellent show, with lead singer Gord Downie particularly fired up. They had swung through town back in April to promote their latest album; this time around, they played a lot of older favorites. The place was pretty packed with Canucks and other Hip aficionados; an impressive showing given the fact that the Red Sox were playing Game 3 of the World Series. I was able to get home in time to catch the last two hours of the game, as well as watch the Leafs-Rangers game on TiVo. I was up until 1 a.m.

On Sunday, I took the girls up to my mom's condo complex, where they had a Halloween party for residents' grandkids. The girls had a blast. We got home around 5:30 and I watched the Patriots obliterate yet another opponent, pasting Washington 52-7. Then we watched the Red Sox sweep Colorado to win the World Series. I went to bed around 12:30, but Deb stayed up to bask in the glory and watch some of the on-field celebration. Sports fans have it pretty good around here right now.

No comments:

Day After Day #112: Army of Me

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Army of Me (1995) When it comes to artis...