Monday, November 13, 2006

The Kids Don't Get It

Hey. Just scraping together a few sentences before heading off to work. Only 10 days until Thanksgiving, but the Christmas advertising has already begun. Some stores just roll right into it after Halloween. Honestly, I don't even want to think about it right now.

Kibbles and bits:
  • So the Democrats indeed won the House and Senate, and now the Bush administration is making nice with the Dems. It's a strange new world.
  • The Leafs are playing well, even with their best player and top goalie out with injuries. They've won four straight and seven of their last eight. They still have stretches of inconsistent play that are infuriating and make me wonder about their chances to go very far in the playoffs, but they're picking up key points now.
  • Speaking of hockey, I've skated the last two Wednesday nights in Lynn. The skill level is pretty similar to the guys I had been skating with the last nine years in Waltham and Concord. I'd say the overall talent of the skaters might be a little better with this group, but the goalies were better with my old group. Despite my timing and fitness level being off, I managed to score a goal on both nights.
  • If you were ever wondering if a burrito was a sandwich, now there's legal precedent for you to check out. A judge in Worcester, Mass., says no, ruling in a case where Panera was trying to block a Mexican restaurant from opening in its plaza. I'm glad that burning issue has been settled once and for all.

No comments:

Day After Day #112: Army of Me

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Army of Me (1995) When it comes to artis...