Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Gravity's Gone

Back in the Bay State again. I got back yesterday from Orlando after three days in the Magic Kingdom at a conference. It was good to see the girls again. I didn't have much time to enjoy Florida; when I wasn't working, it was raining. At least I got a couple of runs in.

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?
  • I managed to crank out a guest post this morning for my pal OJ's Clicky Clicky blog, pontificating on Canadian music, so go over there and patronize that fine Internet home page.
  • I was psyched that the NHL draft started at 6 p.m. Saturday because I figured I'd be able to watch it when I got to Orlando. But of course, my flight was delayed nearly three hours, so I didn't arrive until 8:30 and didn't get to my hotel for another hour after that. I was pretty happy that the Leafs traded for Bruins goalie Andrew Raycroft, even though they had to give up a good prospect in Tuukka Rask. I was hoping they'd sign a big-name free agent defenseman since it looked like Bryan McCabe wasn't going to finalize the deal he'd agreed to weeks ago, but TSN's reporting that he signed it. Not sure how this is going to affect the rest of their offseason signings, but they need more.
  • We never knew how prescient Mike Myers was with his "Austin Powers" movies until this case came along, raising the profile of a certain kind of pump, so to speak.

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #524: April 19, 2024

A wise man once said, "You might as well jump" and by gum, we believed him. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs abou...