Sunday, April 30, 2006

Here Comes a Regular

Getting ready for a little May action. Deb and I are kicking the month off by attending the Sox-Yankees game tomorrow night, which marks Johnny Damon's return to Fenway. Should be fun, albeit chilly. Scored those tix through the Sox' lottery.

Hannah turned 4 yesterday. She was hoping for another cake, but she already had plenty of cake all week from her party last weekend, so we settled for taking her out to dinner at Bertucci's. Four years ago, we were at the hospital with her. Amazing how quickly time goes by.

Holla:
  • Congrats to my bro-in-law Matt, who ran the New Jersey Marathon today. He didn't run it as fast as he would have liked, but he did it and that's all that matters.
  • Less than a month to my marathon in Burlington. I ran 18 today and felt good; that was the longest run I had completed before my Achilles started acting up in March, so it's nice to get back to that point. My new shoes felt good and it was a warm but breezy run.
  • As always, had a great time hangin' with the Webnoizers Friday at Redbones. My only disappointment came at the portion sizes, which I swear were smaller than in past visits. I ordered the Texas beef ribs and it just seemed that I could have eaten another plateful. Either they're cutting back on their portion sizes, or I received a small order instead of the regular I had requested. Just as well, I suppose, but dammit, I go to Redbones to eat like a pig.
  • Deb and I watched Cameron Crowe's latest flick, Elizabethtown, last night. It was pretty much universally panned when it came out last year, but I figured I'd give it a shot because I've always enjoyed Crowe's films. And you know what? I liked it. It wasn't on a par with some of his classics like Almost Famous, Say Anything or Singles, but it was good. It was slow-moving and meandered somewhat, but I dug it. Great soundtrack, good performances, and just a nice journey to go on. If you're looking for 'splosions or deep sentiments, look elsewhere. But if you want to see a good but flawed movie about family and loss and music and characters, check this out.

No comments:

Day After Day #103: Taxman

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Taxman (1966) When you're doing on...