Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Truckloads of Nothin'

Word up. Dashing out a quick post on a Tuesday night when I would normally be playing hockey. Getting up this morning, I fully expected to be skating tonight, but after my six-mile run, my right Achilles was killing me and it didn't ease up the rest of the day. So I figured I'd play it safe and take the night off. Of course, I ran 18 on Sunday and felt great. Sucks, because this is a big mileage week for me and I'll have to ease up a bit. I iced it a little while ago, so hopefully that will help.

The only good thing that came out of not skating was I got to watch the Leafs knock off Carolina, 3-2, to keep their slim playoff hopes alive. They're chasing Atlanta and Montreal for the last playoff spot in the East; Montreal lost tonight and Atlanta came back and beat Boston in a shootout. On Saturday, Deb and I had a great time at the Bruins-Hurricanes game in some awesome fourth-row seats; the B's won 4-2.

In other hockey news, UNH managed to make the NCAA tournament despite the drubbing they took at the hands of BU last Friday. They travel to Albany to play Michigan State on Saturday. Hopefully, they'll be able to redeem themselves.

Top story at 11:
  • Holy crap! The Colts just signed Adam Vinatieri. There's just something really wrong about that. Even more so than Johnny Damon playing for the Yankees.
  • Whoever said having two extra legs is a good thing apparently never met this six-legged lamb.
  • So you're a Nirvana fan. You bought all their albums, you were lucky enough to see them live before Cobain blew his brains out, you bought the box set and the Cobain journals. Naturally, you must buy the Cobain action figure. Or maybe not. Wonder if Courtney's got a piece of that action.

No comments:

Day After Day #112: Army of Me

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Army of Me (1995) When it comes to artis...