Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Man, I'm such a slacker. Truly lazy. So anyway, I finally got to see my cameo appearance in my friend Bob Durling's fine movie "Ninja Zombie Explosion." Filming took place in October of 2002 and the movie was finished early last year, but I missed the screening at Bob's house. He was interviewing for a position at my company yesterday and dropped off a tape. He's been making goofy short films for about 10 years now, but this was his most ambitious and longest. I played the reanimated Gandhi, who is brought to life by an evil scientist. It was cool to finally see the finished product, which is about 35 minutes long, because I was only part of a small portion of it. Pretty damn funny.

Speaking of my acting career, today they had the screening of an HCPro video on medications management standards that I was in. I played a careless doctor who failed to get a patient's drug allergy history. And another video I was in two years ago was nominated for an award.

The Pats are going to the Super Bowl against the Panthers. Boy, I bet nobody picked that pairing before the season started.

My Rhapsody free trial just ended. It's a pretty cool service; I downloaded it at work, too, so I was able to listen to a lot of different music on demand. But I wasn't psyched about having to pay an additional 79 cents per song to burn tracks. They don't offer downloads, but technically you could just rip MP3s from the CDs you burn. For now I'm going to try out iTunes and things like that where you don't have to pay a monthly fee. I may revisit Rhapsody at some point down the line.

Netflix is rocking. We have "The Two Towers" and "The Shawshank Redemption" right now, so I'm going to have to set aside about 15 hours to watch them.

The brain-rattling cold snap is over, thankfully. It's nice to run outside again. Treadmills suck.

No comments:

Day After Day #113: Sunless Saturday

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Sunless Saturday (1991) It's never b...