Friday, February 04, 2022

Stuck In Thee Garage #411: February 4, 2022

Somebody once said there's a thin line between love and hate and I tend to agree. It doesn't take much to go from one end of the spectrum to the other. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs that explore the concept of hate in hour 2. Sometimes people make it a little easier to figure out how you feel about them.


This playlist gets a thumbs up from me:

Hour 1

Artist - Song/Album

Eldridge Rodriguez - Have I Gone Too Far/Single

Grave Flowers Bongo Band - Tomorrow/Strength of Spring

Thalia Zedek Band - Queasy/Perfect Vision

Elvis Costello & the Imposters - Magnificent Hurt/The Boy Named If

Eels - Amateur Hour/Extreme Witchcraft

Laura Jane Grace - Electro-Static Sweep/At War With the Silverfish

Pedro the Lion - First Drum Set/Havasu

Mild Orange - Photographics/Looking For Space

Yard Act - Dead Horse/The Overload

Ovlov - Moron pt. 2/Buds

La Luz - Down the Street/La Luz

Chime School - Calling in Sick/Chime School

Broken Social Scene - Golden Facelift/Old Dead Young: B-Sides and Rarities

Radiohead - If You Say the Word/Kid A Mnesia

Fontaines DC - The Black Angel's Death Song/I'll Be Your Mirror: A Tribute to the Velvet Underground and Nico

 

Hour 2: Hate

The Beths - Future Me Hates Me/Future Me Hates Me

Christian Fitness - Bruce Hated Puppies/Slap Bass Hunks

Superchunk - Cloud of Hate/What a Time to Be Alive

Infinity Girl - Claire Hates Me/And I Forgot a Long Time Ago How You Feel

Courtney Barnett - Everybody Here Hates You/Single

The Pursuit of Happiness - Hate Engine/The Wonderful World of...

Wilco - Hate It Here/Sky Blue Sky

The Dears - Hate Then Love/Gang of Losers

The Vaselines - I Hate the '80s/Sex With an X

Husker Du - Hate Paper Doll/Flip Your Wig

The Clash - Hateful/London Calling

The Lemonheads - Hate Your Friends/Hate Your Friends

Hot Snakes - I Hate the Kids/Suicide Invoice

The Dils - I Hate the Rich/Dils Dils Dils

Sloan - I Hate My Generation/Twice Removed

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - I Hate Myself For Loving You/Up Your Alley

Tacocat - I Hate the Weekend/Lost Time

The Kills - London Hates You/Little Bastards

Speedy Ortiz - You Hate the Title/Twerp Verse

 


No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #654: October 16, 2026

By the time Friday rolls around, the weight of the world can weigh heavy on your shoulders. Not that it goes away on the weekends, but at le...