Friday, February 04, 2022

Stuck In Thee Garage #411: February 4, 2022

Somebody once said there's a thin line between love and hate and I tend to agree. It doesn't take much to go from one end of the spectrum to the other. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs that explore the concept of hate in hour 2. Sometimes people make it a little easier to figure out how you feel about them.


This playlist gets a thumbs up from me:

Hour 1

Artist - Song/Album

Eldridge Rodriguez - Have I Gone Too Far/Single

Grave Flowers Bongo Band - Tomorrow/Strength of Spring

Thalia Zedek Band - Queasy/Perfect Vision

Elvis Costello & the Imposters - Magnificent Hurt/The Boy Named If

Eels - Amateur Hour/Extreme Witchcraft

Laura Jane Grace - Electro-Static Sweep/At War With the Silverfish

Pedro the Lion - First Drum Set/Havasu

Mild Orange - Photographics/Looking For Space

Yard Act - Dead Horse/The Overload

Ovlov - Moron pt. 2/Buds

La Luz - Down the Street/La Luz

Chime School - Calling in Sick/Chime School

Broken Social Scene - Golden Facelift/Old Dead Young: B-Sides and Rarities

Radiohead - If You Say the Word/Kid A Mnesia

Fontaines DC - The Black Angel's Death Song/I'll Be Your Mirror: A Tribute to the Velvet Underground and Nico

 

Hour 2: Hate

The Beths - Future Me Hates Me/Future Me Hates Me

Christian Fitness - Bruce Hated Puppies/Slap Bass Hunks

Superchunk - Cloud of Hate/What a Time to Be Alive

Infinity Girl - Claire Hates Me/And I Forgot a Long Time Ago How You Feel

Courtney Barnett - Everybody Here Hates You/Single

The Pursuit of Happiness - Hate Engine/The Wonderful World of...

Wilco - Hate It Here/Sky Blue Sky

The Dears - Hate Then Love/Gang of Losers

The Vaselines - I Hate the '80s/Sex With an X

Husker Du - Hate Paper Doll/Flip Your Wig

The Clash - Hateful/London Calling

The Lemonheads - Hate Your Friends/Hate Your Friends

Hot Snakes - I Hate the Kids/Suicide Invoice

The Dils - I Hate the Rich/Dils Dils Dils

Sloan - I Hate My Generation/Twice Removed

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - I Hate Myself For Loving You/Up Your Alley

Tacocat - I Hate the Weekend/Lost Time

The Kills - London Hates You/Little Bastards

Speedy Ortiz - You Hate the Title/Twerp Verse

 


No comments:

Day After Day #124: Here Come the Rome Plows

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Here Come the Rome Plows (1994) There ar...