Thursday, November 15, 2007

Adventures in Solitude

It's about this time of week that I start getting really tired. Especially after staying up until 1 a.m. on Wednesdays after playing hockey. But tomorrow will be a short day because I'm only working until noon; we're heading down to Joisey in the afternoon. I'm bummed that I'll miss the sixth anniversary of Black Friday, the day we all got laid off from Webnoize. We've been gathering in Cambridge every year to commemorate it with beverages, but this is the first year I can't go.

I've hit the 20k mark of my NaNoWriMo book. Didn't get much done last night, but I'm working now to crank away at it. I'm afraid I won't get much accomplished this weekend, too, but I'm not going to stress over it. I've written 20,000 more words than I ever have before, so that's an accomplishment right there.

So I'm leaning towards doing the New Jersey Marathon in the spring. I had considered doing Boston, but Deb's going to be taking a group of students down to Costa Rica that week. I'll be taking care of the girls solo, which is stressful enough without adding a marathon into the mix. The NJ race is a couple of weeks later and the course is flat, so that's another bonus.

Hey now!
  • It was nice to see that Big Head Barry Bonds was finally indicted today on perjury and obstruction charges. I'm sure he'll blame the media for this one, too.
  • Damn, it's almost Thanksgiving, but the holiday shopping onslaught has been in full force since friggin' Halloween. Hey, nothing says the holidays like G.E. Smith playing a solo in drag. Pass the nog, dood.

No comments:

Day After Day #120: She Says What She Means

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). She Says What She Means (1998) If a band...