Friday, September 13, 2024

Stuck In Thee Garage #545: September 13, 2024

Who's afraid of Friday the 13th? Some people are, I suppose, especially the folks at Camp Crystal Lake. But this week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I provided hot rock radio for the masses, especially in hour 2 when I played songs that ask questions. As a trained journalist, I used my vast expertise to choose just the right question songs to play. I'm Perd Hapley, and I just realized I'm not holding my microphone.


There you have it, where "it" is the playlist of songs from this episode:

Hour 1

Artist - Song/Album

MJ Lenderman - On My Knees/Manning Fireworks

Beeef - Street Signs/Somebody's Favorite

Oceanator - Get Out/Everything is Love and Death

Kal Marks - A Functional Earth/Wasteland Baby

M.A.G.S. - Sequence 03/Creator

Fontaines D.C. - Sundowner/Romance

Fake Fruit - See It That Way/Mucho Mistrust

Illuminati Hotties - What's the Fuzz/Power

Horse Jumper of Love - Heavy Metal/Disaster Trick

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Frogs/Wild God

Peel Dream Magazine - R.I.P. (Running in Peace)/Rose Main Reading Room

Chime School - Points of Light/The Boy Who Ran the Paisley Hotel

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Hog Calling Contest/Flight b741

Osees - Termination Officer/SORCS 80

Jack White - Number One with a Bullet/No Name

Oneida - La Plage/Expensive Air

Islands - The End/What Occurs


Hour 2: Questions?

Public Enemy - Caught, Can We Get a Witness?/It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back

The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Do You Wanna Get Heavy?/Acme

Butthole Surfers - Who Was in My Room Last Night?/Independent Worm Saloon

The Night Marchers - Whose Lady R U?/See You in Magic

Helium - What Institution Are You From?/Ends with And

Ex Hex - What Kind of Monster Are You?/It's Real

Pardoner - Are You Free Tonight?/Peace Loving People

Joe Jackson - Is She Really Going Out with Him?/Look Sharp!

Morphine - Mary Won't You Call My Name/Cure for Pain

The Pink Mountaintops - Can You Do That Dance?/The Pink Mountaintops

R.E.M. - What's the Frequency, Kenneth?/Monster

Bob Mould - Who Was Around?/The Last Dog and Pony Show

Frank Black - Whatever Happened to Pong?/Teenager of the Year

Matthew Sweet - Does She Talk?/Girlfriend

Minutemen - Do You Want New Wave or Do You Want the Truth?/Double Nickels on the Dime

Telekinesis - How Do I Get Rid of Sunlight?/Effluxion

Superchunk - Why Do You Have to Put a Date on Everything?/Foolish


You can listen to the songs I just typed out by clicking on this link, which will let you listen to the songs I just typed out. 

No comments:

Day After Day #255: The Last in Line

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). The Last in Line (1984) While bands like...