Monday, December 31, 2012

Wrap It Up

Another year just hurtled by, full of cool stuff and awful stuff and boring stuff. Personally, it was an interesting year. My daughters are growing quickly; it's amazing that I've been a parent for more than a decade now. On the career front, my job took some weird and scary turns this year, but I'm still hanging on. I managed to drop 30 pounds from Jan. 1 to Dec. 15. I gained a little of it back in the last two weeks, but I'm going back to eating well starting tomorrow. I'm doing a fair amount of writing, most of it for free but some of it for pay, and my podcast is still a going concern. Somehow I got sucked back into coaching soccer again, which has been fun and exhausting at the same time. The schedule keeps filling up, which I suppose is better than just sitting around on my butt watching TV.

As for New Year's resolutions, I'm looking to keep the weight off and keep getting faster as a runner. As I mentioned earlier this week, I'm starting guitar lessons tomorrow and hope to become a half-decent player. I want to keep writing. And I want to keep working at being a better father.

I'm in my mid-40s now, which is also weird and scary, but I take comfort in the fact that I don't feel that old. And I'm ready for whatever life throws at me (within reason). Happy New Year!


No comments:

Day After Day #106: Doo Wop (That Thing)

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Doo Wop (That Thing) (1998) A lot of t...