Part 2 of my conversation with special guest Mike Heyliger as we discuss the whole New York vs. Boston thing. Listen to the episode below or download it directly (right click and "save as").
- Check out Mike's blog Popblerd
- It's all about efficiency
- NYC's got the advantage for things to do after 2 a.m.
- Everything closes up early in Boston
- Jay: Mid-week club shows are tough when you have kids
- Green Day's ready for Vegas
- Boston has a ton of great small rock clubs
- NYC has a better assortment of R&B and hip hop shows
- The undeniable greatness of The Roots
- Duran Duran's long and winding career
- Mike had the Duran Duran board game as a kid
- Mike: Rudy Giuliani cleaned up NYC in early '90s
- The Northeast has a certain intensity
- Boston's a good place to live
- Beer's a whole lot cheaper than in NYC bars
- Bonehead of the Week
Torche - Kicking
Brendan Benson - Bad For Me
White Rabbits - Temporary
Sun Kil Moon - Sunshine in Chicago
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The Torche song is on the band's forthcoming album Harmonicraft on Volcom Entertainment. Download the song for free (in exchange for your email address) from TorcheMusic.
The Brendan Benson song is on the album What Kind of World on ReadyMade. Download the song for free (in exchange for your email address) at BrendanBenson.com.
The White Rabbits song is on the album Milk Famous on TBD Records. Download the song for free at RCRDLBL.
The Sun Kil Moon song is on the album Among the Leaves on Caldo Verde Records. Download the song for free at Epitonic.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blogs Clicky Clicky and Keeping Some Dark Secrets. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian; check out his site PodGeek.