Friday, August 07, 2009

Highway Star

Well, we're getting ready to head off to Hilton Head in a few minutes. Hopefully, it'll be smooth sailing. Deb managed to get a nap in this afternoon, so she's going to take the first shift. Actually, we're doing the 16 hours to Charleston, so hopefully we get there by 11:30 tomorrow morning. Then we chill out there until late Sunday morning, when we finish the trip to HH.

Last night, I ran the Beverly Homecoming 5K in 22:06 (21:58 by my watch). I was hoping to do better, but my stomach had been bugging me the last few days. Still, I finished strong. The girls had fun running the kids' quarter-mile race, too. Looking forward to doing a long run in Charleston on Sunday morning; it's supposed to be really pretty there.

Don't think I'll have much opportunity to blog from HH because we don't have a laptop and Matt's is a work machine. But I will be posting Twitter updates from my phone, which you can read in the lower right corner of this page. Later!

No comments:

Day After Day #113: Sunless Saturday

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Sunless Saturday (1991) It's never b...