My first running column ran in the Salem News today. I have to say, it was pretty fun to do and I've received good feedback on it so far, both from friends and from folks in the local running community. Now I have to keep it up every other week.
It's getting damn chilly out there. I even had to scrape frost off my windshield the other day. On the plus side, I do believe all the mosquitoes died off for the year. It's supposed to get down into the 20s tonight.
I was talking to a co-worker yesterday who questioned my sanity for playing hockey at 10 p.m. every Wednesday night. I might have agreed with him last night when the puck was at my feet and I looked to see this guy on the other team charging right at me. BAM! I ended up on my ass, with my head slamming off the ice. I had no time to even brace for the hit, which was totally accidental because the guy never saw me until the last second. Fortunately, I had just tightened the straps on my helmet last week so it totally absorbed the impact and I bounced right back up. I actually played a lot better after that. Not that I want to get levelled every week or anything.
Bring it on...
- Now that the November 23 release date for GNR's Chinese Democracy is official, here's how you get your free Dr. Pepper. Ah, marketing.
- Just when Sarah Palin does something wacky that you think she can't top, she does something else way wackier: She told People that if she has a sixth kid and it's a boy, they want to name him Zamboni. Wow. I mean, wow.
- Why Tom Brady wouldn't want to have his knee surgery done in Boston, where we have the best doctors in the country, is beyond me. So the news that he's had two subsequent surgeries because of an infection is both frustrating and infuriating.
- Looking for a Happy Days reunion? This is about as close as you're going to get, although you may not like it if you're a McCain supporter.
- Whoa, check it out: LOST preview! Damn, I can't wait for that show to come back.