Friday, July 24, 2026

Stuck In Thee Garage #642: July 24, 2026

There's something to be said about a good cover song. Ideally, a cover will pay proper homage to the original while bringing something new to the song. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played new music from Quicksand, Sharp Pins, Krill and Girl Tones in hour 1 while playing cover songs in hour 2. Prince Gerhardt seems to approve.


The totally normal playlist:

Hour 1
Artist - Song/Album
Quicksand - Regenerate/Bring on the Psychics
Earth Tongue - Dungeon Vision/Dungeon Vision
Sharp Pins - Saturday Sun/Single
Krill - Commemorative Plaque/Single
Sparkle Blood - Restless/ZIP ZAP
Girl Tones - Stubborn Mouth/Single
Piebald - Fun Destroyer/Tales for the Rages
Cola - Haveluck Country/Cost of Living Adjustment
Parking - Mike Johnson is a Mechanic/Portraits
The Tubs - Who's Gonna Love You Now?/Hard Life
Bantom Woods - Prairie Dogs/Bend
Fiddlehead - Baby I'll Change/Baby I'll Change
Jack White - You'll Never Fix Me/Frozen Charlotte
Drakulas - Wheelhouse/Midnight City
Feeble Little Horse - Dior/bitknot
Eddy Current Suppression Ring - Empathetic/In Light of Recent Events

Hour 2: Covers
Hallelujah the Hills - I Wanna Destroy You (Soft Boys)/Puritan Garage Howlers Vol. II
Gord Downie, the Sadies and the Conquering Sun - So Sad About Us (The Who)/Live at 6 O'Clock
The Afghan Whigs - Lost in the Supermarket (The Clash)/Burning London: The Clash Tribute
The Melvins - Sway (acoustic) (Rolling Stones)/Five Legged Dog
Judas Priest - Diamonds and Rust (Joan Baez)/Sin After Sin
Iron Maiden - Doctor Doctor (UFO)/Best of the B-Sides
Soundgarden - Girl U Want (Devo)/Rusty Cage
Sebadoh - I Smell a Rat (The Bags)/Harmacy
Sugar - Dum Dum Boys (Iggy Pop)/Copper Blue Deluxe Remaster (live in Chicago 7/22/92)
PJ Harvey - Highway 61 Revisited (Bob Dylan)/Rid of Me
The Amps - I Am Decided (Guided By Voices)/Pacer
The Pretenders - Stop Your Sobbing (Kinks)/Pretenders
Sleater-Kinney - I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight (Richard and Linda Thompson)/Live at the Riviera Theatre, Chicago 6/16/05
Smashing Pumpkins - Cinnamon Girl (Neil Young)/Live on WZRD 3/16/89
Shellac and David Yow - Holidays in the Sun/Live Halloween 1998
Arctic Monkeys - Red Right Hand (Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)/Crying Lightning
TV On the Radio - Mr. Grieves (Pixies)/Young Liars



No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #654: October 16, 2026

By the time Friday rolls around, the weight of the world can weigh heavy on your shoulders. Not that it goes away on the weekends, but at le...