Friday, July 11, 2025

Stuck In Thee Garage #588: July 11, 2025

There's a danger in looking backwards too much. That said, it can be fun. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I revisited the reverse chronological order thing that I did back in January. In that episode, I played songs from 2025 to 1994 and this time around, I picked up where I left off and went from 1993 to 1964. It was a blast and there was nary a hot tub time machine in sight.


Come on in, the water's fine:

Hour 1: 1993-1979

Artist - Song/Album

Fugazi - Rend It/In On the Kill Taker

Faith No More - Midlife Crisis/Angel Dust

Teenage Fanclub - Star Sign/Bandwagonesque

Jane's Addiction - No One's Leaving/Ritual de lo Habitual

Big Audio Dynamite - Contact/Megatop Phoenix

Public Enemy - Night of the Living Baseheads/It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back

Prince - U Got the Look/Sign O' the Times

Peter Gabriel - Big Time/So

R.E.M. - Can't Get There From Here/Fables of the Reconstruction

Husker Du - Pink Turns to Blue/Zen Arcade

The Fixx - The Sign of Fire/Reach the Beach

Bad Brains - Sailin' On/Bad Brains

Van Halen - Mean Street/Fair Warning

The Pretenders - The Wait/Pretenders

Joe Jackson - Friday/I'm the Man


Hour 2: 1978-1964

The Rolling Stones - Respectable/Some Girls

AC/DC - Dog Eat Dog/Let There Be Rock

Rush - Something for Nothing/2112

Parliament - Ride On/Chocolate City

David Bowie - 1984/Diamond Dogs

Alice Cooper - No More Mr. Nice Guy/Billion Dollar Babies

T. Rex - Buick Mackane/Slider

Isaac Hayes - Theme from Shaft/Shaft soundtrack

Black Sabbath - N.I.B./Black Sabbath

MC5 - Come Together/Kick Out the Jams

The Kinks - Do You Remember Walter?/The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society

The Who - I Can See for Miles/The Who Sell Out

The Remains - Don't Look Back/The Remains

Bob Dylan - Maggie's Farm/Bringing It All Back Home

Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell/St. Louis to Liverpool


Don't adjust the framistat: Just crank it up HERE!

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #654: October 16, 2026

By the time Friday rolls around, the weight of the world can weigh heavy on your shoulders. Not that it goes away on the weekends, but at le...