Friday, November 03, 2023

Stuck In Thee Garage #500: November 3, 2023

Confidence isn't easy. Not everyone has it, and not everyone can pull it off. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I celebrated 500 episodes with songs about confidence in hour 2. 


The wicked good playlist:

Hour 1

Artist - Song/Album

IDLES - Dancer/Tankg

Sabatta - Get Over Yourself/How to Get Even

Slothrust - Maybe Maybe/Promise EP

Superchunk - White Screen/Misfits & Mistakes: Singles, B-Sides and Strays 2007-2023

Ducks Ltd. - The Main Thing/Single

The Mountain Goats - Murder at the 18th St. Garage/Jenny From Thebes

Hallelujah the Hills - I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight/Puritan Garage Howlers - Covers 2022-23

Sleaford Mods - My 18-Hr Girdle/More UK Grim

The Kills - 103/God Games

Wellwater Conspiracy - Trowerchord/Declaration of Conformity

A Beacon School - Down the Pyramid/Yoyo

A Savage - My My My Dear/Several Songs About Fire

Cherry Glazerr - Sugar/I Don't Want You Anymore

Slow Pulp - Mud/Yard

Kristin Hersh - Thank You, Corner Blight/Clear Pond Road

Wilco - Levee/Cousin


Hour 2: Confident

Run DMC - King of Rock/King of Rock

Run the Jewels - Get It/Run the Jewels

Prince - Baby I'm a Star/Purple Rain

Bobby Brown - My Prerogative/Don't Be Cruel

James Brown - Get Up I Feel Like a Sex Machine Part 1/In Yo Face! The History of Funk, Part 1

The Afghan Whigs - My Enemy/Black Love

Joe Jackson - I'm the Man/I'm the Man

The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Blues X Man/Orange

Boss Hog - Winn Coma/Boss Hog

Van Halen - Unchained/Fair Warning

The Pursuit of Happiness - Nobody But Me/The Downward Road

Pearl Jam - Do the Evolution/Yield

Iggy & the Stooges - Search and Destroy/Raw Power

The Pretenders - Precious/Pretenders

Rancid - Time Bomb/...And Out Come the Wolves

PJ Harvey - 50Ft Queenie/Rid of Me


Crank up the 500th episode of the show RIGHT HERE.

No comments:

Day After Day #116: Higher Ground

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Higher Ground (1973) It's pretty wil...