Friday, August 04, 2023

Stuck In Thee Garage #487: August 4, 2023

James Brown once sang, "It's a man's man's world," but that was 57 years ago. Things have changed, certainly in the world of music. The charts are ruled by women now: Taylor, Beyonce, Adele, etc. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played music by female artists in hour 2, starting off with a tribute to the late great Sinead O'Connor. It's explosive, much like a cherry bomb, I suppose.


This playlist evens it up:

Hour 1

Artist - Song/Album

Lol Tolhurst x Budgie x Jacknife Lee - Los Angeles (feat. James Murphy)/Los Angeles

The Kills - LA Hex/New York

Code Industry - Crimes Against the People/Structure

Mac Krol - Fair Warning/For Some Other Reason

Guided By Voices - Romeo Surgeon/Welshpool Frillies

Low Praise - Angela/Dressing

Geese - Mysterious Love/3D Country

Squid - Green Light/O Monolith

A. Savage - Thanksgiving Parade/Single

Annie Hart - Stop Staring at You/The Weight of a Wave

Palehound - My Evil/Eye On the Bat

Rancid - New American/Tomorrow Never Comes

Militarie Gun - Big Disappointment/Life Under the Gun

Snooper - Microbe/Super Snooper

The Pink Spiders - Stoned to the Bone/Freakazoid

Sweeping Promises - Petit Four/Good Living is Coming for You

Protomartyr - Graft vs. Host/Formal Growth in the Desert


Hour 2: Women

The The - Kingdom of Rain (feat. Sinead O'Connor)/Mind Bomb

Sinead O'Connor - I Am Stretched On Your Grave/I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got

Sinead O'Connor - The Emperor's New Clothes/I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got

PJ Harvey - One Time Too Many/B-Sides, Demos and Rarities

Courtney Barnett - Avant Gardener/The Double EP: A Sea of Split Peas

Ex Hex - No Reflection/It's Real

Speedy Ortiz - Raising the Skate/Foil Deer

The Breeders - Iris/Pod

St. Vincent - Cheerleader/Strange Mercy

Savages - She Will/Silence Yourself

Sleater-Kinney - You're No Rock 'n Roll Fun/All Hands On the Bad One

Metric - Youth Against Youth/Synthetica

Tracy Bonham - Mother Mother/The Burdens of Being Upright

Kim Gordon - Air Bnb/No Home Record


The things get loud when you CLICK HERE, kids!

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #654: October 16, 2026

By the time Friday rolls around, the weight of the world can weigh heavy on your shoulders. Not that it goes away on the weekends, but at le...