Part 1 of my conversation with guest Jay
Breitling as we discuss our favorite music of 2022. Listen to the
episode or download directly (right click and "save as").
- Recorded at Clicky Clicky/Parcheesi Redux East HQ
- We've been doing this for 13 years!
- Kumar: Went to some more shows this year
- Breitling went to zero shows in 2022
- Things to look forward to in '23: The Cure returns, Drop Nineteens, Hallelujah the Hills' DECK project, Johnny Foreigner, Fucked Up, Blue Ocean, Peter Gabriel
- Kate Hudson is supposed to be releasing an album
- The varied talents of Fred Armisen
- In '22, the music industry continued to struggle
- Fewer revenue streams, fragmented audiences, content glut
- Diaper payola
- Even established acts can't sell new albums anymore
- Artists are selling directly to their audiences through Patreon, etc.
- Breitling's honorable mentions: Photon Band, Flyying Colours, Bitchin' Bajas, Kal Marks, Sun Airway, S.C.A.B., They Are Gutting a Body of Water, Kiwi Jr.
- Kumar's HMs: Kal Marks, Built to Spill, Wet
Leg, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Alvvays, Superchunk, Spoon, Jon
Spencer and the HitMakers, Archers of Loaf, Black Angels, OFF!
- Albums that came out early in the year feel like they came out much longer ago
- To be continued
Completely Conspicuous is available through the Apple Podcasts directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian.
Post a Comment