Friday, August 13, 2021

Stuck In Thee Garage #386: August 13, 2021

In 1996, I was in a very different place in my life, as I suspect pretty much everyone was. Some people reading this may not even have been born yet. As for me, I was still in my 20s, living a pretty carefree existence. And enjoying a lot of great music, some of which I played in hour 2 of Stuck In Thee Garage this week. So get pumped up like Big Ern McCracken.



The kingpin of all playlists:

Hour 1

Artist - Song/Album

Film School - Superperfection/We Weren't Here

Alexalone - Unpacking My Feelings/Alexaloneworld

Ty Segall - Erased/Harmonizer

Wet Leg - Chaise Lounge/Wet Leg

Stuck - Labor Leisure/Content That Makes You Feel Good

Piroshka - Wanderlust/Love Drips & Gathers

Yves Tumor - Katrina/The Asymptotical World

Sleater-Kinney - Favorite Neighbor/Path of Wellness

La Bonte - Step Out/Don't Let This Define Me

Near Beer - Some Party/Sleeping Is For Suckers

Fiddlehead - Life Notice/Between the Richness

Mudhoney - Into the Drink/Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

Fake Fruit - Lying Legal Horror Lawyers/Fake Fruit

Maximo Park - Ardour/Nature Always Wins

Shame - Harsh Degrees/Drunk Tank Pink

Sweet Nobody - Little Ghost/We're Trying Our Best

Squirrel Flower - Big Beast/Planet (i)


Hour 2: 1996

Nada Surf - Popular/High/Low

Sebadoh - Worst Thing/Harmacy

Weezer - The Good Life/Pinkerton

Sloan - Autobiography/One Chord to Another

Jonny Polonsky - Love Lovely Love/Hi My Name Is Jonny

The Posies - Throwaway/Amazing Disgrace

The Afghan Whigs - Double Day/Black Love

Pearl Jam - Habit/No Code

Frank Black - You Ain't Me/The Cult of Ray

Lush - Ladykillers/Lovelife

Suede - Trash/Coming Up

Wilco - I Got You (At the End of the Century)/Being There

The Fugees - Ready Or Not/The Score

De La Soul - Big Brother Beat (feat. Mos Def)/Stakes Is High

The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Chicken Dog/Now I Got Worry

Beck - High 5 (Rock the Catskills)/Odelay


Day After Day #117: Ambiguity Song

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Ambiguity Song (1985) I can only imagine...