Friday, May 14, 2021

Stuck In Thee Garage #373: May 14, 2021

Let there be light. Even in these dark times, light is important to our well-being. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs about light in hour 2. Play it loud and proud, and break out the flashlights.



The enlightening playlist:

Hour 1

Artist - Song/Album

Courting - Popshop!/Grand National

St. Vincent - Down/Daddy's Home

Billy Nomates - Petrol Fumes/Emergency Telephone

Guardian Singles - Being Alone/Guardian Singles

Iceage - High & Hurt/Seek Shelter

Juliana Hatfield - Had a Dream/Blood

Death From Above 1979 - Totally Wiped/Is 4 Lovers

Paul Jacobs - Cherry/Pink Dogs on the Green Grass

Dinosaur Jr. - I Met the Stones/Sweep It Into Space

Guided By Voices - Sunshine Hello Girl/Earth Man Blues

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - Thousand Oaks/New Fragility

Ryan H. Walsh - Direct Address/Single

Teenage Fanclub - Endless Arcade/Endless Arcade

Big Mother Gig - My Unveiling/Gusto

Rick White - Pretty Voice/Rick Covers Sloan's Peppermint EP

Nero Kane - I Believe/Tales of Faith and Lunacy

Fridge Poetry - I Try/Half the Battle

 

Hour 2: Light

Parliament - Flash Light/Funkentelechy vs. the Placebo Syndrome

Arctic Monkeys - Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured/Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

The Hold Steady - Hot Soft Light/Boys and Girls In America

The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat  White Light/White Heat

Richard and Linda Thompson - I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight/I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight

Haywood - A Light at the End/As Long As There is Track, I Will Not Go Back

Tom Vek - Nothing But Green Lights/We Have Sound

Sleater-Kinney - Night Light/The Woods

Hot Snakes - Light Up the Stars/Automatic Midnight

Fucked Up - Lights Go Up/David Comes to Life

O Positive - In the Light/Cloud Factory

U2 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)/Achtung Baby

Destroyer - A Light Travels Down the Catwalk/ken

The Posies - Lights Out/Frosting On the Beater

Pavement - You Are a Light/Terror Twilight

 

 


No comments:

Day After Day #122: Vital Signs

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Vital Signs (1981) I know Rush can be an...