Friday, March 01, 2019

Stuck In Thee Garage #260: March 1, 2019

It's strange to think that kids today view the '80s the way I viewed the '50s when I was teenager: Weird, improbable and a crazy long time ago. But here we are. The world in 1984 was a very different place than it is 35 years later, and not just because of the technological advancements. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs from 1984 in hour 2.



Here's the litigious playlist:

Hour 1
Artist - Song/Album
Royal Trux - Year of the Dog/White Stuff
FEELS - Car/Post Earth
Herzog - Music Was the Language From When I Mattered/Me Vs. You
Frankie and the Witch Fingers - Realization/ZAM
Flat Worms - At the Citadel/Into the Iris
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Cyboogie/Single
Piroshka - Never Enough/Brickbat
Julia Jacklin - Pressure to Party/Crushing
Sir Babygirl - Everyone is a Bad Friend/Crush on Me
GRiZ - Can't Get Enough/Ride Waves
The Faint - Alien Angel/Egowerk
Cherry Glazerr - Distressor/Stuffed & Ready
Guided By Voices - Holy Rhythm/Zeppelin Over China
Balms - Nothing In/Mirror
White Lies - Never Alone/FIVE
Business of Dreams - I Feel Dread/Ripe for Anarchy
Jeff Tweedy - The Red Brick/WARM

Hour 2: 1984
Husker Du - Pink Turns to Blue/Zen Arcade
Minutemen - This Ain't No Picnic/Double Nickels on the Dime
R.E.M. - (Don't Go Back to) Rockville/Reckoning
Meat Puppets - New Gods/II
Van Halen - House of Pain/1984
Judas Priest - Some Heads Are Gonna Roll/Defenders of the Faith
Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes to Midnight/Powerslave
Motorhead - Killed by Death/No Remorse
Hoodoo Gurus - Tojo/Stone Age Romeos
The Replacements - Unsatisfied/Let It Be
Echo & the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon/Ocean Rain
U2 - Wire/The Unforgettable Fire
Howard Jones - New Song/Human's Lib
INXS - Original Sin/The Swing
Prince and the Revolution - I Would Die 4 U/Purple Rain


No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #654: October 16, 2026

By the time Friday rolls around, the weight of the world can weigh heavy on your shoulders. Not that it goes away on the weekends, but at le...