Friday, February 09, 2018

Stuck In Thee Garage #211: February 9, 2018

Obsession is a funny thing. It can lead people down some pretty dark roads. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs about obsession in hour 2, running the gamut from obsession with love, sex, power, death or music.

Whatever the case, there's a whole lot of crazy going on.




The sledgehammer playlist:

Hour 1
Artist - Song/Album
Hot Snakes - Six Wave Hold-Down/Jericho Sirens
Ty Segall - Every 1's a Winner/Freedom's Goblin
Shame - Tasteless/Songs of Praise
Car Seat Headrest - Cute Thing/Twin Fantasy (Final Masters)
The Spook School - I Only Dance When I Want To/Could It Be Different?
Dream Wife - Hey! Heartbreaker/Dream Wife
Superchunk - Erasure/What a Time to Be Alive
The Breeders - All Nerve/All Nerve
Buffalo Tom - In the Ice/Quiet and Peace
Pugwash - The Perfect Summer/Silverlake
Lefty's Deceiver - Helena Heartbreak/Lefty's Deceiver
Hockey Dad - I Wanna Be Everybody/Blend Inn
Melkbelly - Twin Lookin' Motherfucker/Nothing Valley
Water From Your Eyes - Out of Town/All a Dance
Black Nite Crash - The Things We Do/Nevergreen
Ought - These 3 Things/Room Inside the World

Hour 2: Obsession
Eagles of Death Metal - I Only Want You/Peace Love Death Metal
Nancy - I Want You Bad/Nancy
MC5 - I Want You Right Now/Kick Out the Jams
The Buzzcocks - Orgasm Addict/Singles Going Steady
Queens of the Stone Age - In My Head/Lullabies to Paralyze
Black Sabbath - N.I.B./Black Sabbath
Jane's Addiction - Ted, Just Admit It.../Nothing's Shocking
Bob Dylan - I Want You/Blonde on Blonde
Elvis Costello - I Want You/Blood & Chocolate
Peter Gabriel - No Self Control/Melt
Sebadoh - Prince-S/Harmacy
Arctic Monkeys - Cornerstone/Humbug
Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place/Kid A
David Bowie - Sound and Vision/Low


No comments:

Day After Day #85: Gentlemen

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Gentlemen (1993) When the Afghan Whigs...