Friday, October 07, 2011

Cold as Ice


I'm not sure why, but this year I'm particularly glad that hockey is back. I'm happy every October for the return of the NHL (and college hockey), but this season I'm really fired up.


It's not that my beloved Leafs are going to tear up the league or anything, but they should be better than last year and might just sneak into the playoffs for the first time since 2004 (and they started the year off right by shutting out the Habs last night 2-0).

I got back on the ice myself last week for the first time in five months, so that added to the excitement. And I've started co-writing a column for Popblerd about the NHL. My half of the season preview covers the NHL's difficult offseason and looks at the Eastern Conference.

And tomorrow night, I'm going to see my alma mater, UNH, take on Boston University. Coinciding with all this hockey fever will be temperatures in the 80s for the next four days (according to the forecasts, anyway). Perfect.

No comments:

Completely Conspicuous 635: Get Guilty

Part 1 of my conversation with guest Phil Stacey about the music of 2009. Listen to the episode below or download directly (right click and...