Sunday, September 20, 2009

Take the Maps and Run

Whew! Well, it's over. My Reach the Beach team--The Van Down by the River--finished our trek through New Hampshire in 27 hours, 29 minutes, good for 102nd out of 400 teams. We were told at our orientation on Friday that there were 451 teams entered, so I'm not sure what happened to the other 51. Didn't finish or disqualified, perhaps. Whatever the case, it was an amazing experience. I'm not going to go into great detail here right now because I'm working up a column for the Salem News about it this week, but once I finish that, I'll post something else here. I also plan to post a bunch of the photos I took during the two-day event. [UPDATE: And here they are.] Got home last night at 6 p.m. and after dinner, a shower and laundry, I had nothing left. I only got about 3.5 hours of sleep the whole time, so I was in bed by 9 and probably was out before my head hit the pillow.

Today was actually kinda busy. After churchin' it, I took the girls up to NH to see my mom. She took us out to lunch at the Ashworth hotel on Hampton Beach (where RTB wound up on Saturday) and we hung out for a while before we came home at 5. I'm pretty sore, but not as bad as I've been after a marathon. I plan on running again on Tuesday and playing hockey Wednesday. Still debating whether to do a half marathon in the coming weeks. And of course, it's back to work tomorrow, too. More to come.

No comments:

Day After Day #123: Don't Want to Know If You Are Lonely

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Don't Want to Know If You Are Lonely...