Saturday, February 02, 2008

My Mind is Ramblin'

Finally, it's here. The Super Bowl is tomorrow night and it's about friggin' time. Go Pats!

In the meantime, I'm getting to ready to head out on a 17-mile run. It poured all last night, but it's sunny and in the 40s right now. A little windy, but not bad for Groundhog Day. Speaking of which, good ol' Punxsutawney Phil says we're in for six more weeks of winter. Whatevah, dude. It's pretty amazing that this tradition is still around. Even more amazing is the fact that it has been 15 years since the excellent Bill Murray movie came out.

We've entered the rare 29-day February, thanks to this being a leap year. February 29, 1984, was notable for me because that was the day I got my driver's license. I remember the driver's test was really easy; the guy just had me drive from the RMV in Epping, NH, a mile or two into town, make a few turns and drive back. No parallel parking, nothing tricky.

I love the InterWebs for so many reasons, one of which is you get access to cool stuff like this: The isolated vocal track that David Lee Roth laid down for Van Halen's "Running With the Devil." Awesome.

No comments:

Day After Day #122: Vital Signs

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Vital Signs (1981) I know Rush can be an...